The rules for the Liebster Blog Awards are:
1. Tell 11 things about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions the blogger who awarded you asked
3. Pass the award to 11 people
4. Give them 11 questions
5. Tell them about the award
6. Don't award people who are recipients already
The questions I received from Amateur Reviews and my answers:
1. Favourite James Bond and film?
Sean Connery is the best all time Bond without question. The best Bond film is 2006's Casino Royale because it completely reinvented the series for the 21st Century.
My favorite soundtrack is Good Will Hunting -- and this is a seriously tough question for me to answer because I love movie soundtracks.
3. If you could cast one leading lady and one leading man who would they be?
Tom Hanks and Keri Russell. Hanks was an instant answer though my leading lady took a little more thought.
4. Which is the film you secretly love, but feel you should hate?
The Wedding Date -- rom com drivel but for some reason I like it.
5. If you had the casting vote at the last Academy Awards, which film would you have win best picture?
This year if I was in the Academy, The Help would have won Best Picture. While I am at it, Demian Bichir would have won Best Actor for A Better Life.
6. Who would you chose to play you in a biopic of your life?
7. What is your favourite movie scene of all time?
This is the question I struggled most with and really had to think about. I wanted it to be one that just came to me. This was the first one I thought of and I have decided on: the graveside scene in Steel Magnolias. It always makes me cry no matter how many times I have seen it and it ends in humor.
8. In your opinion, who is the most overrated director ever?
James Cameron. He makes Blockbusters, not amazing movies.
9. Harry Potter or Lord of The Rings?
10. If you could only ever watch comedies or action films for the rest of you life which would it be?
Comedies -- without a doubt.
11. What was the last movie that made you cry?
Hope Springs. I cry easy at the movies and that's ok.
A couple are not movie specific bloggers but I want to see their answers!!
My 11 questions for my nominees:
1. What is your all time favorite movie quote?
2. If you could only watch one movie at home ever again, which one would you select?
3. What are your desert island top five movies?
4. Which movie in the last ten years is your favorite?
5. Which movie that was made before you were born is your favorite?
6. What actor or actress do you wish you were friends with because you just like them so much?
7. Who is in your top five?
8. What is your favorite movie adaptation of a book that you have read?
9. What movie has not yet been released but you can NOT wait to see?
10. What is your first recollection of going to the movie theater?
11. If you had a job in Hollywood, what would you want it to be?
11 movie thoughts from me:
1. Auntie Mame is my all time favorite movie.
2. Going to the movies is literally the best thing ever.
3. Oscar Season is like Christmas to me.
4. I have an embarrassing number of DVDs though I do not have blue ray or a flat screen tv.
5. I can watch When Harry Met Sally, Clueless, Steel Magnolias, and Field of Dreams over and over and over again.
6. This summer I have actually read more books than movies I have watched.
7. After the 2012 Oscars, I no longer subscribe to Entertainment Weekly but read online only.
8. People who say going to the movies is a bad date are silly. Going to the theater is never bad.
9. More theaters should serve beer. Regal and Cinemark really need to get on board.
10. I know everyone likes things like pizza and music but the way I love movies is truly a unique personality trait.
11. After this exercise, I am so glad I have plans to see two movies this holiday weekend!