Monday, March 3, 2014

2014 Oscar Fashion

My best dressed goes to Lupita Nyong'o. She wore a beautiful baby blue Prada gown with subtle sparkles in the skirt. Her Fred Leighton gold and diamond headband and jewelry together with her makeup completed the look. Expectations were high because Nyong'o has become such a red carpet fixture this season and she more than delivered on her winning night. I still want to see what her shoes looked like, they were Prada as well.
Jennifer Garner and Charlize Theron were my next best dressed. Garner's look stood out from the other metallic and neutral colored dresses and the Oscar de la Renta was perfected with the hair and makeup. I loved the unique neckline of Theron's dress. The necklace made it perfect and the train was fabulous. I also loved Sandra Bullock in Alexander McQueen, Amy Adams in Gucci and Julia Roberts in Givenchy.
And now for the trends. First up, the old Hollywood cape look with Camilla Alves and Kate Hudson. I am a fan, I think it is a fun update on a classic style. 
Next up, Penelope Cruz in a Grecian style dress. Lupita's also falls into this category (she started the cape trend too in her red caped Ralph Lauren at the Golden Globes). Men in colorful shades of tuxedos were also trending, though photos were sparse but below are Oscar guru Dave Karger, Live's Michael Strahan, Kevin Spacey, Jason Sudeikis with Olivia Wilde and Benedict Cumberbatch on stage with Jennifer Garner to present Production Design. Some dark blues were so subtle that a dark navy did not always show on screen, like Cumberbatch's.
 
The most out of hand trend of the night was the nude sparkly dress, as my friends dubbed it. Loosely in order of my favorite to least favorite ranking.
 

 
And more fabulous looks... 
  • Look what I found...

No comments:

Post a Comment