Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Friendship Top Five List

The time has come to present a list of the Top Five Movies of my friendship with my bestie Laura. As we ran our warm-up laps for track all those years ago, it is not surprising that all these flicks are from a four year range in the 90s.

1) First up, Romy and Michele's High School Reunion.
Laura and I watched this movie more times than I can recall at sleepovers. We even watched it the night before we attended our own ten year reunion.
2) The Wedding Singer
This is another movie that we have watched several times together. Many of the songs featured in the two volume soundtrack are featured on the CD of songs from the year we were born that Laura made me for my 30th birthday.
3) Interview With the Vampire
The movie that started it all. Literally. Remember in school when a friend became a real friend, when you actually hung out together outside of school? Well the first time Laura and I hung out, I went to her house and we watched Interview With the Vampire. We would watch several other horror movies together before leaving high school. Oddly, as neither of us are horror fans today.
4) Seven Years in Tibet/Meet Joe Black
Through out the years, we have seen many a Brad Pitt flick. Honorable mention goes to Johnny Depp. We have also seen many Johnny Depp movies and Laura's husband Jerre even commented once on "our whole 'Johnny Depp' thing."
5) Psycho (1998)
Part of the high school horror trend. Laura and I creepily saw Psycho in an empty theater. We were the only ones in the theater at the no longer in existence 82nd Cinema. We saw a lot of movies there before it closed in 2004. I think something really depressing like a Baby Gap is there now. Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates? Really Gus Vant Sant, your next project after Good Will Hunting, really?! It remains one of our most memorable movie going experiences.
Maybe in another 17 years we can make it a Top Ten list.

No comments:

Post a Comment