Sunday, June 27, 2010

Grown-Ups and This Is It

Grown-Ups 
Nothing to write home about. The best part of this viewing experience, was hanging out with Kari and running into an old co-worker. Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade and Rob Schneider are entertaining as buddies but the "I'm stuck in my life as a husband and father" jokes get old, fast. Of course they all come to appreciate their lives, through their friendships. Awe shucks.

This Is It 
I had yet to see the concert/memorial movie from Michael Jackson's last days. Friday being the one year anniversary of his death, I thought it was a good time to watch the film. I'm not a huge fan of concert movies, but this one is very well done and of course eerie in that it was filmed right up until MJ's death. The opening title sequence is very well done. I couldn't help but consider Michael's health while watching the movie. Clips of several rehearsals are included. No one will ever really know, but I wondered if he had the stamina for the full length show. I'm going by the outfits MJ wears. Each song rehearsal shows at least two sessions in tandem; no one outfit/session is shown for every song. It was cool to see his involvement in everything from the selection of dancers to the camera use for a 3D Thriller update (a 3D Thriller update, HOW COOL IS THAT?!). The movie definitely ended on the note of Save the World, one of Michael Jackson's legacies: we better save the environment before the damage becomes irreversible.

No comments:

Post a Comment