Tuesday, March 29, 2011

How Do You Know

Similar to how I missed Life As We Know It in theaters, I missed How Do You Know during the holiday season. Reviews from real people that I heard were quite weak (as was the box office and critic's reviews).

That said, I really enjoyed the movie! I thought it showcased quality work from the actors in the type of roles that they shine best inhabiting -- Reese Witherspoon, Paul Rudd, Jack Nicholson and Owen Wilson. Also, supporting actress Kathryn Hahn has great give and take with Rudd. You may recognize her from How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, A Lot Like Love or Win a Date With Tad Hamilton. She was pregnant while filming the movie. The movie does not follow a generic, predictable rom com plot line though I am fairly certain it was marketed as one. I am a fan of James L Brooks less successful movies. For instance, I LOVE Spanglish with Adam Sandler and Téa Leoni. How Do You Know follows an unconventional plot movement, I think to its success. The movie does not lag, it holds your attention. It is laugh-out-loud funny and has very touching moments as well.  
Thanks for being such a great host Emily, I love the Skillet Gnocchi with Spinach and Italian Sausage!

No comments:

Post a Comment