Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar fashions 2011

Before I start with the dresses and the jewelry trends, let's take a quick look at the men. I thought it was very cute that to present together Javier Bardem and Josh Brolin wore matching white tuxes. You'll see below, when walking the red carpet, and later in the audience, Bardem wore a more traditional black tux, white shirt and black tie.
The red trend, looked great. Jennifer Lawrence looked amazing, love the hair, the dress, all of it. I've liked all her red carpet looks this award season. As her part in Winter's Bone is not glamorous, she definitely shines. I liked the hair down, Anne Hathaway red dress, pictured here second from the left, better on television than photo; pictures are not true to the color and don't do justice to when she was on stage with it and after. I like Jennifer Hudson's tangerine-red number. Love Hathaway's red carpet red. Sandra Bullock looked great, the dress and accessories (her hair was a little over processed but you can't tell in pictures only on television when she presented).
Penelope Cruz also wore a lovely fiery red number:
Two of my favorites were the ladies from Black Swan, Natalie Portman and Mila Kunas. Love the purple plum dress with the matching earrings. Really like the lavender-soft dress, accessorized well. Halle always looks hot and did a wonderful job with the Lena Horn tribute. 
A photo does not really capture all the elements of this dress. It was lavender with lavender and yellow beading. I liked it alright though it seems everyone has a different take on the dress. 
Second trend, all the green jewelry. I'm such an Amy Adams fan and we have seen countless successful red carpet looks for her before. Mainly, I don't think the dress needed the necklace. 

 Hailee Steinfeld's age appropriate glamour. I did not like it at first on the red carpet but now I think it was a wise choice and very pretty.
I think I may be the only one but I really liked Nicole Kidman's dress and loved the pairing of the red shoes with it. I think its basic, classy but she's taking some risk with the architecture of the dress and the color of her shoes.
Have to include Oprah. I don't think the photos do it justice but she actually matched the set and the gradation change of color was great.  James Franco tweeted a pic of he and Anne Hathaway with Oprah back stage. Click here for Franco's pic
Reese Witherspoon rocked a 60's inspired vintage look. Loved the hair and make-up. It even looked great seated when she was interviewed before the show. Katy pointed out that it brings to mind the dress Julia Roberts wore when she won for Erin Brockovich at the 2001 Academy Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment